[Lazarus] MariaDB, SQLConnection - Suse vs Debian

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Mon Dec 26 19:07:07 CET 2016

> But when I attempt to access the databases from my project the MySQL 5.6
connector throws an error: "Cannot work with installed MySQL Client version;
got 5.5.0 expected 5.6"

> Using TMySQL55Connection doesn't work either: there is a more general
> error message, basically "unable to connect".
>
> Identical dev. environment, code and databases - what's different?

MariaDB 10.0 indeed maps to MySQL 5.6. But the installed client library is
of version 5.5.0, which the connector refuse to use due to version
difference. Install the same version for both client and server.