[Lazarus] New high DPI features in 1.7

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Fri Dec 9 23:34:05 CET 2016

On 09.12.2016 22:54, Josh via Lazarus wrote:
> Just download latest svn to test this.

Thanks for the feedback!

> Immediate problem, opening current project I get message unknown
> property DesignTimeDPI so choose continue loading.

DesignTimeDPI was published for a short time period (from 1st of
December). It's fine to ignore it. People coming from 1.6 won't be affected.

> My forms load, then get scaled.
> I have checked property of form and Scaled is unchecked False;
> PixelsPerInch=72
> DesignTimePPu=72
>
> The scaling makes my form hard to read and even harder to edit; I am
> using 3rd party controls and some fonts are not scaled.
>
> How can I disable this feature, I have my own scaling routines that
> manipulate the controls and underlying fonts etc at  runtime and scale
> perfectly, also my scaling routines also auto add extra controls as
> the screen area increases.
>
> I like the idea for a new project; but I would need this de-activated
> to continue developing current and previous applications.
>
> Question why are my forms scaling when opening them, even though they
> were not designed for this feature. This is scarey.

Because your system uses 72 PPI. Unfortunately the IDE uses 96 PPI as
default for legacy projects and thus scales it. I see it as major issue
and I'll come up with a solution.

Ondrej