[Lazarus] FCL-PDF and RTF Support

Fri Dec 9 16:52:06 CET 2016

On 2016-12-09 15:23, Leonardo M. Ramé via Lazarus wrote:
> Hi Graeme, I use LibreOffice in headless mode to generate PDFs
> on-the-fly.

OpenOffice/LibreOffice headless mode is pretty cool. We used it often
too. :)

> So, I don't really need a fully featured reporting engine, but just a
> way to "insert" an RTF file inside a PDF.

I didn't mean to use the tiRtfReporter.pas unit as a reporting engine. I
meant, you can cannibalise the code and grab what you need to suite your
needs (translate RTF files into fcl-pdf API calls to render the text in
a rich text manner when producing the PDF).

> https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/components/rtfview/rtfview.pas,
> I think it shouln't be too difficult to replace its dependencies to
> TRichView and make it work with fcl-pdf.

That's pretty much what I meant with the tiOPF code. I guess either one
will do.

Regards,
  Graeme

--