[Lazarus] Can some fix this "make" issue? Pi related.

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Apr 1 10:36:32 CEST 2016

On Fri, 1 Apr 2016 03:25:47 -0400
Anthony Walter <sysrpl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Calling the compiler directly works on most any project/program. I am not
> sure how to build Lazarus (with my preferred packages) using lazbuild or
> fpc. The "make useride" command fails exactly like I described in my
> original post.

make useride calls "lazbuild --build-ide=", which calls the compiler.
You can call "./lazbuild --build-ide= --max-process-count=1" directly
to avoid calling make and use at most one process.

Make sure to strip lazbuild to avoid loading debugging and compile it
with optimizations to use less memory.

Have you tried building lazbuild with cmem?

If this does not suffice, call the compiler directly using the command
shown by lazbuild.

Is it possible to add virtual memory to the Pi?

Mattias