[Lazarus] Lazarus trunk (r49079) does not compile on MAC

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon May 18 21:56:06 CEST 2015

On Mon, 18 May 2015 13:58:40 +0100
Martin Frb <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:

> On 18/05/2015 13:39, zeljko wrote:
> >
> > fpc-2.6.4 i386
> >
> > So everything is default.
> >

> And default is stabs, and does not work.
>
> Well 1 minute ago, I worked out how to conditionally change it for order
> fpc, and committed this.

You did it only for lazutils, so you are mixing different debug info
types. Can this make trouble?

> This will only work if building from inside the IDE (tools menu).
>
> I do not know how to make this happen for the makefiles

There is no simple way. To retrieve the FPC version you have to call the
compiler with -iV and parse the output.

I fixed it via another approach.
Pascal tries to avoid anonymous types and the generics were
implemented in the compiler with this idea in mind too.
I replaced the anonymous specialization in
  TLazPagedListMem = object(specialize
  TLazPagedListMemBase<Pointer, TLazListClassesVarItemSize>);

with

  TLazPagedListMemParent = specialize TLazPagedListMemBase<Pointer, TLazListClassesVarItemSize>;

  TLazPagedListMem = object(TLazPagedListMemParent)

Now it compiles.
I undid the -gw in the conditionals of lazutils.

Mattias