[Lazarus] fppkg front end

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed May 11 14:17:55 CEST 2011

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

> Please add comment headers with at least a hint about license and what
> the unit is about.

What's the purpose of a license statement, in a unit?

Of course every unit should include a purpose notice, but since source
code can be distributed under several licenses, I see no need for a
(possibly inappropriate) license note in every unit. All licensing is up
to the author or project (team), so that this (author or project name)
might be another recommended note in every unit - unless the
correspondence can be determined from the directory structure.

> Fill in the package options description, author, license, version.

That's the place where license information can reside. Then eventual
later changes or extensions have to be reflected in only one place, not
in all related units.

The FSF recommendations IMO apply to C/C++ or other languages, that have
no notion of projects or packages.

DoDi