[Lazarus] TCustomControl and transparency

Krzysztof dibo20 at wp.pl
Mon Apr 25 12:37:15 CEST 2011

Hi,

I', writting component which using BGRABitmap for drawing theme. I inherit
from TGraphicControl. Drawing works fine but I can't drop child controls
(like TPanel do). So I switch parent class from TGraphicControl to
TCustomControl with ControlStyle := ControlStyle + [csAcceptsControls,
csOpaque]. Now I can drop childs but transparency has stopped working. It
seems that TCustomControl (TWinControl also) draw first some standard
background with control color. I am locked now. I see that TGroupBox have
transparency (it inherit from TWinControl like TCustomControl do) and I
don't know how he do it (fCompStyle := csGroupBox ?). I have ubuntu GTK2 and
latest lazarus from SVN

Regards