[Lazarus] editor details

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 10:06:56 CEST 2010

On 20 April 2010 14:57, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

>> Windows by default doesn't have that. only option is to make tabs owner
>> drawn.
>
> I see. Nonetheless a component (button with glyph) or according paint
> procedure for more general use would be nice to have.

I still think Lazarus IDE (not LCL), must have it's own custom drawn
PageControl. Delphi, Eclipse, Visual Studio all do this. That way the
IDE can have close buttons for all platforms, right|left|top|bottom
tab positions etc...

The IDE is not a general purpose "desktop application", it is a
specialize tool for software development, so it doesn't need to adhere
to platform look & feel like all other [desktop] apps.

--
Regards,
  - Graeme -