[Lazarus] Lazarus and Windows 7

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Aug 15 16:42:44 CEST 2009

Martin schrieb:

> The problem is deeper.
>
> Except for the outer window (and you can check the wiki, there is an
> article that explains why autosizing is limted for the outer window),
> except for that all the buttons etc are autosizing.
>
> But even if the window was autosizing, that would make the problem worse.

Only when the restrictions are not properly considered.

> I have some boxes that run a VGA resolution (either 800*600 or even
> 640*400) and the dialogs just fit, some even are to big, and it's
> painfull to impossible to get to the ok button (know where it is, and
> count tabs untill you believe it has focus).

Right. I found it impossible to configure Windows itself, with settings
dialogs hiding essential settings and buttoms below the screen, on the
system of a disabled person with low graphics resolution on a big screen.

> So make the window/dialog bigger and thinks will be even harder.

When the minimum size of the contents exceed the screen size, even a
dialog should have automatic scroll bars. The exit etc. buttons should
reside in the non-scolling part of the dialog, everthing else in the
scrollable part.

DoDi