[Lazarus] Release preparations

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Fri Aug 21 13:30:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

We have started preparations for the upcoming Lazarus 0.9.28 release.
svn trunk has been branched to a fixes_0_9_28 branch, which be used to
create the release from. This branch has currently version 0.9.27.
Snapshots form this branch can be downloaded from
http://www.hu.freepascal.org/lazarus/ and can be considered release
candidates. Last night's snapshot with fpc 2.2.4 has been added to the
lazarus-testing Ubuntu repository too, for installation instructions see

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus#Getting_Lazarus_from_our_Ubuntu_repository

Of course you all have been following Lazarus development closely and
checked your applications regular with svn trunk or the 0.9.27
snapshots, but this is your last chance to do so before we create the
release. Depending on the amount of feedback we get we aim to tag 0.9.28
next week.

Lazarus trunk now contains version 0.9.29.

Last week fpc/trunk was branched to fixes_2_4. From this branch (with
fpc 2.3.1) fpc 2.4.0 will eventually be release. I am not a fpc
developer, but don't think in weeks like for Lazarus 0.9.28, but rather
months. Lazarus snapshots that have been based on fpc 2.2.5, are now
based on the fixes_2_2_4 branch and give a preview on how Lazarus works
with the upcoming fpc release.

If you find regression (things that stopped working), you can report
your findings here on the mailing list and (preferably) in the bug
tracker, see for example http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=14400

Vincent